Saturday, March 3, 2012

Here is the first email to Jared, sent around 9:45pm on Thursday, March 1st.

Hi J,
I'm riding a camel through the desert right now!  Not really.  I'm sitting in the hotel room in Jerusalem, which isn't that nice but it does have a concierge who I have been calling repeatedly with demands.  I also have not gone to sleep since you dropped me off at the dialogue center (it's 2:45pm thursday your time).  I got in about 45 minutes combined sleep on the plane ride, took a two hour nap this "afternoon," and now finally, we are released to go to bed.  Liana was a little angel on the plane and was quiet and slept, but once we got to Jerusalem all hell broke loose and she acted sort of drunk and pooped like crazy. Today we went to the Israel museum during the morning.  Everyone was super delirious and I wasn't feeling too well so I went and sat with Liana and Seth for a while instead of following the tour.  The best part of the day was getting to see the dead sea scrolls!  In the afternoon we had time to nap and shower (yayyy), and then we had dinner and a speaker.  The speaker was an author talking about the reasons behind and meaning of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam all claiming Jerusalem for their own- it was actually very interesting.  I hope you're doing well and feeding that fish.  I love you and miss you!!
xoxo,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment